We at the Booneville School District are proud of our academic history. Year after year, our students and teachers continue to achieve high goals to make the Booneville School District one of the best districts in the state, and this year is no exception. With the latest results released in October 2016, the Booneville School District was given the highest academic ranking awarded by the state of Mississippi - an "A" rating. Of the 146 public school districts in the state, Booneville was one of only 14 to attain the rating.
Our "A" rating came on the new, more rigorous Mississippi Assessment Program (MAP) exams. Those exams were based on the new Mississippi College and Career Ready standards. The accountability model also was more comprehensive in the past. Some of the areas that we, as a district, received an accountability rating for were:
- Growth of all students on math and English Language Arts
- Growth of the lowest performing students in math and English/Language Arts
- The graduation rate of the district
- The percent of the students proficient in science and US History
- The percentage of students who took an AP course and passed the exam OR took a dual enrolled class at Northeast Mississippi Community College and made a C
- The percentage of students that took the ACT and made a score that would not necessitate remedial courses at NEMCC
As you can see our students are excelling under higher expectations. The ultimate goal is for our students to be able to compete in tomorrow's workforce. Thank you for being a partner in that journey.